On November 24th the Kansas State High School Activities Association Board of Directors passed the following changes concerning Winter sports;
1. The Winter Moratorium, of no MS/HS activities, has been set to extend from December 22, 2020 to January 3, 2021.
2. There will be a Winter Moratorium on all MS/HS interscholastic competitions from December 23, 2020 to January 7, 2021 (no games).
3. Established that from December 1, 2020 to January 28, 2021, no spectators will be admitted/allowed at KSHSAA sponsored interscholastic MS & HS activities of basketball and scholars’ bowl. (also applies to bowling, swimming & wrestling).
4. For the period of January 29, 2021 through the remainder of the winter activity regular season and post-season for the 2020-21 school year, attendance shall be limited to allow for appropriate distancing for the facility and in accordance with local admission and attendance policies.
5. All participants (including but not limited to athletes, coaches, officials, spectators, support staff and all others attending/participating in school activities) shall wear a face covering in the manner it is intended to be worn (for the purpose of COVID-19 risk mitigation) while at the event venue and for duration of the event. The only exception is provided for athletes during the time they are competing and for officials during active play.
Note: The KSHSAA Board of Directors is made up of representatives from each of the 78 leagues throughout the state. Each school is represented through their league representative.