Timeline of Events: Enrollment, Teacher Zoom, Community Facebook Live, and More
Monday, July 27, 2020
- July 9th - District Leadership Team received a draft of the state’s re-opening guidance document “Navigating Change” and began working on the district reopening plan.
- July 15th – The Kansas Board of Education approved the document.
- July 15th – The governor announces Executive Order to keep schools closed until after Labor Day.
- July 22nd – The Kansas Board of Education failed to pass support of the Governor’s order with a 5-5 split vote to enact. This moved the decision to the district level.
- July 24th – At a “special board meeting”, the USD 398 board established the starting date of school as Sept. 9, 2020.
- July 29th – There will be an administrative zoom meeting with the teachers @ 4 pm
- July 30th – There will be an administrative panel report presented on Facebook Live for all to review.
- Aug. 5th - The first day of enrollment; 8 am to Noon / Noon to 5 pm / 6 to 8 pm
- Aug. 6th - The second day of enrollment; Noon to 4 pm / 5 pm to 8 pm
- Aug. 12th – USD 398 Board Meeting; 6 pm @ Peabody-Burns Elementary
- Aug. 13th - Fall sports parent meeting; 6:30 pm in the Brown Gym
- Aug. 14th – Staff In-Service
- Aug. 17th – 6-12 Staff Development
- Aug. 17th - First day of fall sports practices
- Aug. 18th – Pre-K—5 Staff Development
- Aug. 19th – New Teacher Orientation
- Aug. 20th - 21st – Staff Development / Preparation Day
- Aug. 29th - Home volleyball tournament
- Aug. 31st – Sept. 4 - Staff Development / Preparation Days
- Sept. 3rd - MS volleyball and football games @ Solomon
- Sept. 4th - Home football game
- Sept. 7th – Labor Day
- Sept. 8th – Staff Work Day
- Sept. 9th – First Day of School
- Sept. 10th - MS volleyball and football games @ Solomon
- Sept. 11th - HSFB game at Central Christian-Hutchinson
- Sept. 12th - HSVB Tournament @ Solomon